Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Chosen One

Pieces of Paper bearing my name certify my existence
But as I walk down the road won’t they get blown away?

A mistaken identity is what I have lived with all this long
The charred remains of which I have left behind
Belief in the almighty was never my style of song
Now I kneel down and look above at the celestial sky

A carefree presence with no footprints in the sand
Time and again I look at the girl down the lane
A reflection which makes me run away in dismay

O how I yearn for the past of peaches and creams
Will I ever get a new tune that I can sing to the trees?

The void in my vessel is but barely fulfilled by thee
What I need is a new me, for you and me

Chiding you was a lost cause,
It was the devil’s workshop that I had begun
I will have to lift myself from the fire
And not give in to this cruel burning desire

Oh why me, I ask again
But then I feel why not me
I am after all your protégé
I am your conquest
I am The Chosen One